The SMIC School Library started in 2001 when the school was established. The Library’s mission is to support teaching and fulfill students’ research and recreational needs.
The Elementary Library is located on the second floor of the SMIC Elementary Campus, and occupies 459 square meters. The Secondary Library, totaling 718 square meters, is located on the second floor of the Art Building in the Secondary Campus.
The Library collection includes a total of over 120,000 volumes of books and teaching resources. The library provides services to the whole school. Programming includes teaching library and research skills, providing teaching resources, building a relevant and curriculum centered collection, supporting reading through promotion programs, and helping students and their families gain access to reading material through book fairs and other special events.
SMIC library patrons have 24 hour online access to a wealth of of reading materials. The library maintains an electronic collection of well over 2,700 e-books curated carefully for content and a range of abilities and interests. E-books may be read directly on a computer or smart device browser or may be downloaded for off line reading.
The library also subscribes to Encyclopedia Britannica, a world-class online encyclopedia with targeted reading levels.
In addition to the above online resources, SMIC students and staff have access to the academic database, JSTOR. JSTOR provides access to vital academic content through peer-reviewed journals, books and primary sources.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Any changes of library schedules will be announced to teachers and students.
- Students may only borrow books from the library of their own campus.
- Elementary School students are allowed to check out a total of 3 books at one time, and Middle/High School students are allowed to check out a total of 5 books at one time.
- The general loan period is 2 weeks. Please renew books when you need more time.
- Return all books before the end of the semester.
- Return all books before transferring out of SMIC school.
- There is a penalty for losing or damaging library books and/or library property.
For more information contact us at...