What do you like the most about SMIC School?
I feel like teachers give us a lot of freedom while studying in school. Teachers love us and we are free to express ourselves easily. Matthew Chau (2C)
I love clubs, we have a lots of different clubs we can choose from and I learnt a lot from my Chemistry Club. Albert Yao (4C)
I love recess time at school and I learn a lot from the teachers. I especially love International Day because I learned so much from different classes representing different countries. Aarush Thakar (3B)
I can learn a lot from the school. We have PE, Chinese, Technology, Art, Language Arts, Science and Music classes. And I have a lot fun with my teachers and classmates. Carine Jiang (1C)
We have a caring and dedicated faculty committed to helping students be global citizens, persons of character, motivated learners, and healthy individual.
Our academic program is American system based with a strong emphasis on Chinese language and cultural values. We strive to nurture children to become lifelong learners and persons of character.
Our Core Foundations
- Emphasize moral values and character development
- Integrate Western and Chinese educational philosophies
- Incorporate daily Chinese language instruction
- Curriculum is based on national standards
- Visual and Performing Arts programs
- Systematic computer/technology program
- Exciting activities and events such as Vocabulary Day, Sports Day, International Day, Field Trips, Art Exhibitions, and Music Concerts
- Steadfast support from one of China’s best semiconductor foundries