Board of Trustees
SMIC School's Board of Trustees is the chief governing body of The SMIC Private School, Shanghai
The board is legally responsible for the institution, whose assets it holds in trust. Trustees must assure themselves that the institution is heading in the right direction and is well managed.
The Trustees of SMIC School:
- Elect and remove board members, appoint and dismiss the chancellor and principals
- Review and approve school’s funding proposal and annual budget
- Review and approve or disapprove major capital expenditures
- Make final decisions on new academic programs
- Oversee and participate in developmental programs
- Make decisions on faculty hiring plan and set wages and benefits standard
- Trustees exercise a policy and oversight role in contrast to the implementation and operational role of the administration, faculty and staff.
- The board meets yearly.
Tzu-Yin Chiu, CEO and Executive Director of Semiconductor Manufacturing International (Shanghai) Corp.
Jason Li, Executive Vice President of Semiconductor Manufacturing International (Shanghai) Corp.
Ganjin Chen, Chairman, President and CEO of Shanghai Zhangjiang Group Company
Yanding Zheng, Consultant of SMIC School, Distinguished Principal of Shanghai Educational Council
Rong Yang, Principal of Shanghai Experimental Elementary School
Shu-Kuang Hu, Chancellor of SMIC Schools
Rong-Lin Zhu, Head Master of SMIC School, Shanghai
Yvonne Wang, Principal of SMIC Kindergarten, Shanghai
Cindy Li. Consultant of SMIC Kindergarten, Shanghai