Student Achievement: Assessment and Activities
We have a well-deserved reputation of being a very strong academic school. The results bear themselves out. Our students’ achievement on standardized testing speaks for itself.
- AP results are among the very best in the world (in 19 subject areas tested in 2015-2016); 98% of AP tests taken at SMIC scored a 3 or higher, and 63% of tests scored a 5 (the highest result). Of publicly published AP results, SMIC's are the strongest in Shanghai.
- Our SAT results are exceedingly strong as well for all students at SMIC, whether those who excel or those who face
.Our students in the lowest quartile outscore the average worldwide SAT score in the 75 .
- Students in grades 1 8
theMAP standardized test each year. By 7 8 , our average students’ scores are in the 11 pluslevel in each subject area of reading, language arts, science and math.
- Since 2006, 100% of our graduates have either been accepted into college or have chosen to fulfill armed requirements in their home countries.
- Through a well developed curriculum, based on American standards (Common Core, AERO, NGSS, UCLA, and Shanghai), our school has customized a unique selection of courses to help equip students for future academic success in colleges worldwide.
- By high school, students have over 50 clubs and 9 sports with which to be involved.
Please click Play then click the Full Screen button (in the bottom right corner) for better viewing