Student Achievement: Assessment and Activities
We have a well-deserved reputation of being a very strong academic school. The results bear themselves out. Our students’ achievement on standardized testing speaks for itself.
- AP results are among the very best in the world (in 19 subject areas tested in 2015-2016); 98% of AP tests taken at SMIC scored a 3 or higher, and 63% of tests scored a 5 (the highest result). Of publicly published AP results, SMIC's are the strongest in Shanghai.
- Our SAT results are exceedingly strong as well for all students at SMIC, whether those who excel or those who face . Our students in the lowest quartile outscore the average worldwide SAT score in the 75 .
- Students in grades 1 8 the MAP standardized test each year. By 7 8 , our average students’ scores are in the 11 plus level in each subject area of reading, language arts, science and math.
- Since 2006, 100% of our graduates have either been accepted into college or have chosen to fulfill armed requirements in their home countries.
- Through a well developed curriculum, based on American standards (Common Core, AERO, NGSS, UCLA, and Shanghai), our school has customized a unique selection of courses to help equip students for future academic success in colleges worldwide.
- By high school, students have over 50 clubs and 9 sports with which to be involved.
Please click Play then click the Full Screen button (in the bottom right corner) for better viewing